Every key manufacturing process at North Star facilities is subject to strict control and record-keeping requirements. Repeatability and traceability are the watchwords of North Star’s Production and QA teams.
- In-house heat treatment ensures optimum surface hardness and case depth.
- Lab testing of all heat-treated products is conducted by individual batch to confirm that our stringent product specifications are met.
- Our machining equipment utilizes the latest CNC tooling and technology for optimum specification accuracy.
- All machined threads are individually inspected using certified plug and ring gages to insure the specified stand offs
- Our welding options include both friction welding and submerged arc processes.
- All welds are inspected in-house utilizing non-destructive ultrasonic testing methods.
- Straightness and concentricity tests verify compliance with manufacturing specifications.
- Independent OQC team performs final inspections and document checks before shipment.